[Mauiusers] Torque causing maui to segfault

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Mon Jan 31 10:54:51 MST 2011

I am finding that maui has been segfaulting lately.

It does it as soon as it starts. I have tried running it in the
foreground with -d to watch, but no info is provided beyond
'Segmentation Fault'

As I troubleshoot, I have discovered that if I restart pbs_server, maui
seems happy again and will run.. at least until an array job is
submitted. I haven't been able to test to see if there is a particular
variable about an array job that affects things. I do know an array job
of 500 slots with nodes=1:ppn=1 does cause grief.

Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Brian Andrus

ITACS/Research Computing

Naval Postgraduate School