[Mauiusers] checkjob/releasehold and array jobs

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Mon Jan 31 10:52:00 MST 2011

Ok, I have an array job in deferred status.

I can run checkjob on an individual job via:

checkjob 9831[1]

But I cannot release the hold on that job:

#releasehold -a 9831[1]

ERROR:    invalid job expression received (9831[1])

How do I deal with array jobs under maui?

I can run qrls on them, but it doesn't seem to affect their status (they
stay deferred).

I was able to forcibly run them with runjob, but I preferred to check
their status so the slot limits would apply.

Brian Andrus

ITACS/Research Computing

Naval Postgraduate School

Monterey, California