[Mauiusers] Question about more than one queue

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 05:55:29 MST 2011

Hi,

If I have totally 30 nodes, can I make more that one queue and assign 30 nodes
to each of them? Or I have to specify how many nodes are available to each
queue. For example, the first queue is created by:

qmgr -c "set server scheduling=true"
qmgr -c "create queue q1 queue_type=execution"
qmgr -c "set queue q1 started=true"
qmgr -c "set queue q1 enabled=true"
qmgr -c "set queue q1 resources_default.nodes=1"
qmgr -c "set queue q1 resources_default.walltime=3600"
qmgr -c "set server default_queue=q1"
qmgr -c "set server resources_available.nodect=30"

Then I create a nother queue by:

qmgr -c "create queue q2 queue_type=execution"
qmgr -c "set queue q2 started=true"
qmgr -c "set queue q2 enabled=true"
qmgr -c "set queue q2 resources_default.nodes=1"
qmgr -c "set queue q2 resources_default.walltime=10000"
qmgr -c "set server resources_available.nodect=30"

Is that configuration correct?

1- I submit 40 jobs to q1 and 10 jobs to q2. The result will be 10 jobs from q1
and 10 jobs from q2 are idle. Is that Right?
2- I submit 10 jobs to q2 and 40 jobs to q1. The result will be 20 jobs from q1
are idle. Is that Right?

Thanks,

// Naderan *Mahmood;