[Mauiusers] SIGSTOP and SIGTSTP don't work

Steve Johnson steve at isc.tamu.edu
Sat Jan 15 10:46:11 MST 2011

The mjobctl command is a scheduler command - it will send STOP/CONT
signals to the job and Torque will know about it.  In effect, you're
doing manual preemption.  With qhold/qrls, you're telling a running job
to checkpoint and vacate the node (if supported) and enter the HELD
state, or for a queued job to enter a HELD state and not be scheduled
for execution until it's been qrls'd to the QUEUED state.

// Steve