[Mauiusers] no email is received

Denis denismpa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:52:29 MST 2011

2011/1/11 Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood at yahoo.com>

> I get this:
>
> mahmood at svr1:log$ telnet 209.85.227.27 25
> Trying 209.85.227.27...
>

> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>

> That means that you are firewalled somewhere on the way to that server, and
that's where your problem lies and it has many solutions for which you will
have to look for assistance of your network administrator.

[cut]

> Does that mean port 25 is not open on my system?
>
> Your server does NOT need to have port 25 opend to send emails. it needs to
be able to connect on the REMOTE server's 25 TCP port.

since you can send emails from another script, for SURE your script is using
a mail server for relay which it's allowed to connect on the port 25.

This is really a network problem.

>  *// Naderan *Mahmood;*
>

> Cheers,
DA.