[Mauiusers] Should I restart maui, pbs_server, ....?

Denis denismpa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 15:44:05 MST 2011

2011/1/10 Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood at yahoo.com>

>  >qterm -t quick keeps the job information on stop
> >in case of using it, a restart of pbs_server should take the -t warm
> option to consider the saved information
> So, if I use that command there will be no problem with current jobs in the
> queue. Right?
>
> Exactly. it will allow them to keep running, and the -t warm will allow the
server to consider their information when it comes back.

> > Use regular service scripts. In GNU/Linux
> >/etc/init.d/{maui,pbs_server,pbs_mom} restart
> But it doesn't have the functionality as "qterm -t quick" has. Right?

The init.d script has the same effect of a -t quick.

> >in theory neither - but in practice maui sometimes needs to be restarted
> for it to notice the changes you made on the >pbs_server
> Do you have any example about that? I want to know when should I do that.

As Steve told us before, there are some weirdness regarding Torque/Maui
Integration, however, a kill -HUP against your maui process shouldn't do you
- or your system - any harm.

Denis Anjos,
www.versatushpc.com.br