[Mauiusers] Should I restart maui, pbs_server, ....?

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Mon Jan 10 08:51:12 MST 2011

On 1/10/11 10:21 AM, "Arnau Bria" <arnaubria at pic.es> wrote:

> 2- If I add a new queue with
> "qmgr", which one should be restrated?

>>none

I've noticed some weirdness with this. I've had a few situations where I'd
create new queues (w/o doing restarts), and I wouldn't be able to properly
submit to that queue unless I explicitly stated which node I wanted. Anytime
I would specifically ask to be placed into the new queue, I would get placed
in other queues.

Once I did a restart of TORQUE, this was fixed.  I recall I found the answer
to this issue from the TORQUE users mailing list archives.

But again, maybe it was just my setup :-)

Steve Crusan
System Administrator
Center for Research Computing
University of Rochester