[Mauiusers] Should I restart maui, pbs_server, ....?

Denis denismpa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 08:19:58 MST 2011

2011/1/10 Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood at yahoo.com>

>  Hi,

Hello,

> I have a general question regarding maui, torque, pbs_mom, ....
> Under which circumstances, I should restart maui, pbs_mom, pbs_server and
> others?
>
> 1- If I edit maui.cfg should I restart maui only or maui and others or
> there is no need to restart?

Here a kill -HUP `pidof maui` should be fine

>  2- If I add a new queue with "qmgr", which one should be restrated?

None of them

>  3- If I add a new command to existing queue, which one should be
> restrated?

A new rule? none...
All qmgr commands are applied on the fly

>  4- How can I restart maui, pbs_server, pbs_mom? currently I kill all
> related processes!!

You should probably have the init.d scripts which should do the job for you,
otherwise,
for maui, schedctl -k

for pbs_server:
qterm -t quick keeps the job information on stop
in case of using it, a restart of pbs_server should take the -t warm option
to consider the saved information

qterm -t immediate, erases previous queue information for the jobs
for pbs_mom qterm -m

> Thanks,
>  *// Naderan *Mahmood;*
>

> u r welcome