[Mauiusers] Limit procs per job in Torque+Maui

Sudarshan Wadkar wadkar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 05:02:24 MDT 2011

Thanks Paul
I think I will need to use resources_available.ncpus instead of nodect.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Paul De Vlieger
<vlieger at clermont.in2p3.fr> wrote:
> Le 12/04/2011 08:51, Sudarshan Wadkar a écrit :
>> Dear All,
>> is there any way one can limit maximum no of processors that can be
>> allotted on per job basis? We are using Torque (2.4.6) + Maui
>> (3.2.6p21)
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
> Hi,
>
> have a look at parameters resources_available, resources_max in queue configuration:
>
> ==> http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/4.1queueconfig.shtml
>   qmgr -c "set queue batch resources_available.nodect=20"
>
> Paul

-Sudarshan Wadkar
Research Assistant & System Administrator
High Performance Computing Center
IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
- Dale Carnegie
"It's always our decision who we are"
- Robert Solomon in Waking Life
"The Truth is The Truth, so all you can do is live with it."
- $udhi :)