[Mauiusers] PREEMPTOR/PREEMPTEE

Paul Zimdars pzimdars at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 18:57:54 MDT 2010

Hi All,

I had a quick question..sort of quick I guess. Does MAUI allow you to
specify multiple PREEMPTOR and PREEMPTEE queues in the configuration file
e.g.:

QOSCFG[blah1] QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR
QOSCFG[blah2] QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR
QOSCFG[blah3] QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE
QOSCFG[blah4] QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE

The only examples I see online have either multiple PREEMPTOR's and one
PREEMPTEE or multiple PREEMPTEE's and one PREEMPTOR but never a mix. If MAUI
does allow this then I guess the CLASSCG PRIORITY will allow one PREEMPTOR
to have a higher priority over a different PREEMPTOR in terms of preempting
jobs in the PREEMPTEE queues? Will the higher priority PREEMPTOR queue
preempt jobs in the lower priority PREEMPTOR queue? I assume the answer is
NO since you can't make a single queue both PREEMPTOR and PREEMPTEE. I guess
my question is how do I make one queue be very high priority but still allow
another queue to have enough priority to preempt the PREEMPTEE queues but
still move out of the way of the higher priority queue?

We are using MAUI 3.2.6p21 at our site.

Thanks,
Paul