[Mauiusers] Backfill and node reservation

Denis denismpa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 08:57:57 MST 2010

2010/11/15 Arnau Bria <arnaubria at pic.es>

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:15:57 -0200
> Denis Denis wrote:
>
> > Could you send you maui.cfg?
> Sure (I've added a couple of node bewteen lines).
>

> SERVERHOST              NAME
> ADMIN1                  root
> ADMIN3                  edginfo rgma edguser monami
> ADMINHOST               NAME
> RMCFG[base]             TYPE=PBS TIMEOUT=30
> SERVERPORT              40559
> SERVERMODE              NORMAL
>
> RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:02:00
> LOGFILE               /var/log/maui.log
> LOGFILEMAXSIZE        50000000
>
> IDLEJOBDEPTH  300
> #This come from a patch
> #http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/mauiusers/2009-February/003746.html
>

> BACKFILLPOLICY          NONE
> BACKFILLDEPTH           1
> LOGLEVEL                1
>
> LOGFILEROLLDEPTH        50
>
> ENABLENEGJOBPRIORITY true
> REJECTNEGPRIOJOBS false
>
> QUEUETIMEWEIGHT         0
>
> XFACTORWEIGHT           0
>

> CREDWEIGHT              1
> GROUPWEIGHT             1
> USERWEIGHT              1
> CLASSWEIGHT             1
>
> NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY    CPULOAD
>
> DEFERTIME               00:00:00
>
> CLASSCFG[long]          MAXPROC=100
> CLASSCFG[medium]        MAXPROC=100
> GROUPCFG[dteam]         MAXPROC=40 PRIORITY=10
> GROUPCFG[dtsgm]         MAXPROC=2 PRIORITY=100000
> GROUPCFG[dtprd]         MAXPROC=20 PRIORITY=100000
> GROUPCFG[ops]           MAXPROC=20 PRIORITY=100000
> GROUPCFG[pilotops]      MAXPROC=20 PRIORITY=100000
> USERCFG[arnaubria]      PRIORITY=1000
>
> SRCFG[picsgm_64]
>  GROUPLIST=atsgm,sgmcm,lhsgm,masgm,ctasgm,dtsgm,misgm,pasgm,picvosgm,sgmibergrid
> SRCFG[picsgm_64]        RESOURCES=PROCS:4
> SRCFG[picsgm_64]        PRIORITY=1000
> SRCFG[picsgm_64]        HOSTLIST=tditaller021
> SRCFG[picsgm_64]        STARTTIME=0:00:00 ENDTIME=24:00:00
> SRCFG[picsgm_64]        PERIOD=INFINITY
>
> FSWEIGHT                1
> FSUSERWEIGHT            2
> FSGROUPWEIGHT           10
> FSQOSWEIGHT             100
>
> FSDEPTH                 4
> FSINTERVAL              12:00:00
> FSDECAY                 0.5
> FSPOLICY                DEDICATEDPS%
>

> GROUPCFG[masgm]         FSTARGET=10  QDEF=magic MAXPROC=2
> GROUPCFG[maprd]         FSTARGET=10  QDEF=magic
> GROUPCFG[magic]         FSTARGET=10  QDEF=magic
> QOSCFG[magic]           FSTARGET=5.79
> [....]
>
> OTHER QOS CONF
> [...]
what does a diagnose -p report?
Is it possible that the jobs which are running before your highest priority
job are not being backfilled but having a higher priority instead due to the
weights of the other metrics?
I see that the CREDWEIGHT is set to 1 while QOS for example is set to 100.

Also there are some groups with priority really high ( 100000)

> What are you looking for?
> This is my test conf which looks very similar to prod one (except
> backfill params)
>
> Cheers,
> Arnau

Denis Anjos,