[Mauiusers] Backfill and node reservation

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Mon Nov 15 08:29:00 MST 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:15:57 -0200
Denis Denis wrote:

> Could you send you maui.cfg?
Sure (I've added a couple of node bewteen lines).

SERVERHOST              NAME
ADMIN1                  root
ADMIN3                  edginfo rgma edguser monami
ADMINHOST               NAME
RMCFG[base]             TYPE=PBS TIMEOUT=30
SERVERPORT              40559
SERVERMODE              NORMAL

RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:02:00
LOGFILE               /var/log/maui.log
LOGFILEMAXSIZE        50000000

IDLEJOBDEPTH  300
#This come from a patch
#http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/mauiusers/2009-February/003746.html

BACKFILLPOLICY 		NONE
BACKFILLDEPTH 		1
LOGLEVEL             	1

LOGFILEROLLDEPTH      	50

ENABLENEGJOBPRIORITY true
REJECTNEGPRIOJOBS false

QUEUETIMEWEIGHT         0

XFACTORWEIGHT           0

CREDWEIGHT              1
GROUPWEIGHT             1
USERWEIGHT              1
CLASSWEIGHT             1

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY    CPULOAD

DEFERTIME               00:00:00

CLASSCFG[long]          MAXPROC=100
CLASSCFG[medium]        MAXPROC=100
GROUPCFG[dteam]         MAXPROC=40 PRIORITY=10
GROUPCFG[dtsgm]         MAXPROC=2 PRIORITY=100000
GROUPCFG[dtprd]         MAXPROC=20 PRIORITY=100000
GROUPCFG[ops]           MAXPROC=20 PRIORITY=100000
GROUPCFG[pilotops]      MAXPROC=20 PRIORITY=100000
USERCFG[arnaubria]      PRIORITY=1000

SRCFG[picsgm_64]        GROUPLIST=atsgm,sgmcm,lhsgm,masgm,ctasgm,dtsgm,misgm,pasgm,picvosgm,sgmibergrid
SRCFG[picsgm_64]        RESOURCES=PROCS:4
SRCFG[picsgm_64]        PRIORITY=1000
SRCFG[picsgm_64]        HOSTLIST=tditaller021
SRCFG[picsgm_64]        STARTTIME=0:00:00 ENDTIME=24:00:00
SRCFG[picsgm_64]        PERIOD=INFINITY

FSWEIGHT                1
FSUSERWEIGHT            2
FSGROUPWEIGHT           10
FSQOSWEIGHT             100

FSDEPTH                 4
FSINTERVAL              12:00:00
FSDECAY                 0.5
FSPOLICY                DEDICATEDPS%

GROUPCFG[masgm]         FSTARGET=10  QDEF=magic MAXPROC=2
GROUPCFG[maprd]         FSTARGET=10  QDEF=magic
GROUPCFG[magic]		FSTARGET=10  QDEF=magic
QOSCFG[magic]         	FSTARGET=5.79
[....]

OTHER QOS CONF
[...]

What are you looking for?
This is my test conf which looks very similar to prod one (except
backfill params)

Cheers,
Arnau