[Mauiusers] Maui-3.3: MAXNODEPERUSER in 2d fairness policy

Chris Berthiaume chrisbee at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:22:49 MDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to set a 2d fairness policy that limits the number of nodes a user can use per class.  Following along with the docs (http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/6.2throttlingpolicies.shtml) I've tried these two maui.cfg configuration lines, where I'd like to limit each user to 20 nodes in class medium

CLASSCFG[medium] MAXNODE[USER]=20
CLASSCFG[medium] MAXNODEPERUSER=20

But this doesn't appear to have any effect.  A single user is still able to use more than 20 nodes in the medium class.  Has anyone else had any luck with this type of policy?  Is there an error in my configuration syntax, or are per class per user 2d fairness policies for nodes not supported in Maui  3.3?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Berthiaume