[Mauiusers] #PBS -l qos=something or qsub -l qos=something doesn't seem to work with torque 2.4.3 and maui 3.2.6p21

Tom Rudwick tomr at intrinsity.com
Tue Mar 30 09:32:06 MDT 2010

Have you tried specifying the QOS like this?

qsub -W x=QOS:noht my_script

We've also found we have to have something like these lines in the maui.cfg:

SYSCFG QLIST=bigmem,interactive,debug,regress,contingent
QOSCFG[bigmem]       PRIORITY=1  QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR,RESTARTPREEMPT
QOSCFG[interactive]  PRIORITY=2  QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR,RESTARTPREEMPT
QOSCFG[debug]        PRIORITY=1
QOSCFG[regress]      PRIORITY=-1
QOSCFG[contingent]   PRIORITY=-2 QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE
GROUPCFG[users] QDEF=DEFAULT
QLIST=bigmem,a1csr,interactive,debug,regress,contingent
CLASSCFG[regress] QDEF=contingent

Tom