[Mauiusers] node allocation order

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Mar 29 16:40:17 MDT 2010

Abhishek Gupta wrote:
> Let me ask my question in more detail.
> We want only a certain group to use node 1-7 and so if there is any job
> submitted, it should first look into remaining nodes, and then in case
> all the remaining nodes( other than 1-7 ) are in use, jobs can run on
> 1-7 by the other users too.
> nodes 1-7 are also different from rest of the nodes in terms of
> processors and other resources.
> Could anyone suggest me know what would be the right approach to achieve
> that?
> Thanks,
> Abhi.

Hi Abhishek

We don't use this here, but you may be able to reach your goal
with quality of service, partitions, or advance reservations:
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/7.0controllingresourceaccess.shtml

I think there are postings on the archives about this subject.
A search there may help.
http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/mauiusers/

Gus Correa

> Gus Correa wrote:
>> Abhishek Gupta wrote:
>>> H,
>>> Can anyone tell me what is the order of node allocation? My node
>>> lists from 1-70 when scheduler has to allocate a node, it starts from
>>> bottom or top of the list? Can I change the order using any attribute?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Abhi.