[Mauiusers] limit the amount of memory available per node

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 18:04:33 MDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't seem to get any of this to work properly. I'll post this one
> at a time to see if I can get each one to work, first I have this
> reservation:
>
> SRCFG[workinghours]
> HOSTLIST=arsenic,barium,bismuth,boron,curium,erbium,gold,helium,hydrogen,manganese,neon,niobium,nitrogen,palladium,platinum,radium,radon,selenium,silicon,silver,sulfur,tin,xenon,zinc
> SRCFG[workinghours] DAYS=[ALL] STARTTIME=12:00:00 ENDTIME=18:59:59
> USERLIST=nobody ACCESS=DEDICATED
>
> I see these errors in the log :
>
> # tail -f maui.log | grep -i ALERT
> 03/19 13:59:11 ALERT:    cannot select 192 procs in partition '[ALL]'
> for SR 'workinghours'
> 03/19 13:59:11 ALERT:    cannot select 192 procs in partition '[ALL]'
> for SR 'workinghours'
> 03/19 13:59:11 ALERT:    cannot create SR[0] workinghours at depth 1

There seems to be a bug where any new reservations don't get
registered if I restart pbs_server and then maui using this script
that I was using after changes were made to maui.cfg:

qterm -t quick trigger
schedctl -k
sleep 5
pbs_server
/usr/local/maui/sbin/maui

The reservation from above works if I restart only maui:

schedctl -k
sleep 2
/usr/local/maui/sbin/maui