[Mauiusers] limit the amount of memory available per node

Lars Hummert lars.hummert at uni-muenster.de
Wed Mar 17 08:07:33 MDT 2010

Hey Sabuj,

that works for me with what I wrote before. Only the point of view is
different.

I have the following situation:
Several quad core interactive workstations with 8GB ram each. During
office hours I want the local user to at least have 2 cores and 3500MB
of ram available for the desktop and local apps outside the queue.

So that for I create a standing reservation that in fact is never used.
It just ensures that these resources aren't scheduled. The remaining
resources can be scheduled in any way and outside office hours I have
full resources for queue jobs.

Kind regards,

Lars