[Mauiusers] MPI / IB setup

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 15 17:37:31 MDT 2010

hi jacques,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Jacques Foury
<Jacques.Foury at math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
> Le 16/03/10 00:12, Alexis Cousein a écrit :
>> Jacques Foury was tired when he wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have already configured such a setup ?
>>>

>> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/8.3nodesetoverview.shtml
>>
>> Haven't used it in Maui, but I have used it in MOAB. AFAIK, that's
>> exactly designed for this purpose.
>>

> Great, I hope I'll manage to get this working.

it is really easy.
i have this with a bunch or myrinet switches.

here is the section in my maui.cfg file:

# define node sets within the confines of the myrinet switches
NODESETPOLICY    ONEOF
NODESETATTRIBUTE FEATURE
NODESETDELAY     0:05:00
NODESETLIST      myr1 myr2 myr3 nomyr
NODESETPRIORITYTYPE BESTFIT

now all i have to do is to add for each node
one of the four flags myr1 myr2 myr3 nomyr
as a property corresponding to whether the
node is connected to any of the three myrinet
switches. whether a node belongs to a specific
queue is then configured via yet another property
in toque via setting the queue property
"resources_default.neednodes" to the corresponding
node property.

good luck,
    axel.