[Mauiusers] MPI / IB setup

Jacques Foury Jacques.Foury at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Mon Mar 15 14:29:15 MDT 2010

Hello all.

we have here a setup of Infiniband nodes, grouped around IB switches.

I wonder if it's possible to have MPI jobs run on a set of nodes that
are connected on the *same* IB switch.

I thought about special attributes for the nodes, but it is by no way

Let me be more precise :
- we have 64 nodes, connected by groups of 4 nodes per chassis.
- we have 4 "leaves" IB switches, all receiving 16 nodes (4 chassis) IB
... and 2 more spine IB switches.

We want the jobs fitting on 16 nodes to run on a set of nodes all
connected to the same leaf switch.

Does anyone have already configured such a setup ?

Thanks !

Jacques Foury
administrateur systemes, reseaux, clusters
Institut de Mathematiques de Bordeaux

Adoptez l'éco-attitude.
N'imprimez ce mail que si c'est vraiment nécessaire