[Mauiusers] INFINITY output in showres command

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Mar 15 11:44:48 MDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:54:56AM -0500, Rahul Nabar alleged:
> I tried setting a longer reservation under maui  like so:
>
> setres -u andres -s +01:00:00 -e 17:00:00_08/01 star154
>
> showres shows some suspisios "INFINITY" time tags for the end-time and
> duration. Is that OK or a bug?
>

> andres.84           User -    00:49:04    INFINITY    INFINITY    1/2
>   Mon Mar 15 12:31:29
>
> Also, is there any way to find out from the showres output as to what
> specific compute-nodes a certain reservation applies to? i.e. in the
> above line I can't figure out which nodes this particular reservation
> is associated with.

There is a finite timeframe in which Maui sets reservations. When you go beyond
that limit, it won't do the calculations and just calls it infinity.

But don't worry, it still works fine. When time catches up with your long
reservation, the proper calculations are done and everything works.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!