[Mauiusers] limit the amount of memory available per node

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:59:15 MST 2010

HI,

I want to limit the amount of memory available for batch jobs on a
node since the node is also an interactive workstation. I tried
settings like these:

NODECFG[host] RCMEM=4096^ RAMEM=4096^

and various combinations using both RCMEM and RAMEM and trying either
one but checknode host and mdiag -n still shows that "host" has as
much memory as physically configured on the machine, i.e. more than
4GB. How do I limit the amount of memory on the node as seen by maui
or the resource manager (torque)?

Thanks,
Sabuj Pattanayek