[Mauiusers] fairshare policy

Vaibhav Pol vaibhavp at cdac.in
Thu Jun 24 08:51:13 MDT 2010

  Dear Ansgar ,
       Thanks for quick reply.Yes i checked using diagnose -p yes you are
right it influence as we set policy.

       I have another question about diagnose -f commnad below is my
' diagnose -f ' command output i am not able to understand what is
TotalUsage (0.5,0.6,0.7,0.2 ) in interval window.what parameter it show ?

FSInterval        %     Target       0       1       2       3
FSWeight       ------- -------  1.0000  1.0000  1.0000  1.0000
TotalUsage      100.00 -------     0.5     0.6     0.7     0.2

USER
-------------
vaibhavp*        50.28  25.00    50.00   50.00   50.00   53.03
prashc*          49.72  75.00    50.00   50.00   50.00   46.97

  Thanks and regards
  Vaibhav Pol
  National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
  Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
  Ganeshkhind Road
  Pune University Campus
  PUNE-Maharastra
  Phone +91-20-25704176 ext: 176
  Cell Phone :  +919850466409

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Esztermann, Ansgar wrote:

> Dear Vaibhav,
>

>> I want to know that when maui set the jobs priority on the basis of
>> fairshare. From document as per my understanding it will decide after the
>> timeframe i.e FSINTERVAL * FSDEPTH. Is that right . If this is right this
>> mean when i setup policy first time on cluster for first timeframe it will
>> not set jobs priority it just collect the historical data.
>
> No, it should influence job priorities right away. Have you checked the output of diagnose -p?
>

> A.
>
> --
> Ansgar Esztermann
> DV-Systemadministration
> Max-Planck-Institut für biophysikalische Chemie, Abteilung 105
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.