[Mauiusers] command to find total number of jobs of a given user

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jun 15 14:34:22 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 09:42:39PM +0200, Ole Holm Nielsen alleged:
> Rahul Nabar<rpnabar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a torque / maui command that can allow me to find the total
> > number of jobs / nodes occupied by a certain user at any point of
> > time? Couldn't see a way out by using qstat, showq or diagnose but
> > maybe I am missing the obvious.
>
> We use the script "showuserjobs" which you can download from
> ftp://ftp.fysik.dtu.dk/pub/Torque/showuserjobs
> This script parses the output of "showq" and reads user/group
> information from /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  The output may

Instead of reading /etc/passwd and /etc/group directly, consider using the
commands 'getent passwd' and 'getent group'. It would allow the script to work
in NIS, LDAP, etc. environments.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!