[Mauiusers] Fairshare on blocked jobs???

Miguel Afonso Oliveira m.a.oliveira at coimbra.lip.pt
Wed Jun 9 21:50:00 MDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a group of people for which I have to set a MAXPROC limit. Obviously when one of the users floods the queue he gets a big list of blocked jobs.
So far so good. The problem arrises when another user in that same group submits so much as a single job. He immediately goes to the end of the
blocked job list and he stays there until all of the other blocked jobs run. Oddly enough they don't find this behavior very fair!!!!
I know blocked jobs don't get assigned priorities and hence no fairshare in this group...  Is there a way to overcome/solve this situation?

All the best,

MAO