[Mauiusers] Maui checksum key question

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Jun 3 15:19:27 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 06:19:40PM +0100, andy thomas alleged:
> I built maui-3.2.6p21 on a Red Hat 5 Linux system and then pushed it out
> to a cluster of identical machines, with one machine as the maui
> scheduling server, and this all works fine. Then I did the same with a
> FreeBSD 7.1 system, and this worked fine with one FreeBSD machine as the
> scheduling server and another as the client.
>
> Now I want to use the FreeBSD server as the maui scheduling server for the
> Red Hat machines as well but I get the 'ALERT:  checksum does not match'
> if I run any maui command on the Red Hat systems. I need to build a new
> maui-3.3 anyway as David Chin on this list has already pointed problems
> with maui-3.2.6p21 on 64-bit machines - should I just include a configure
> option something like this when I come to build the new Linux & FreeBSD
> maui packages:
>
>  	--with-key=6582230479223678544
>
> with the integer string the same for both operating systems? And what is
> the maximum or minimum length for this integer?

It's just a pre-processor define to any valid C string.

$ grep -r MBUILD_SKEY .
./include/moab-local.h.in:#define MBUILD_SKEY    "@SEED@"
./include/moab-local.h:#define MBUILD_SKEY    "9308"
./src/moab/MGUtil.c:      strncpy(KeyBuf,MBUILD_SKEY,MAX_MNAME);

University of Southern California

Life is Good!