[Mauiusers] Maui checksum key question

andy thomas andy at ic.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 11:19:40 MDT 2010

I built maui-3.2.6p21 on a Red Hat 5 Linux system and then pushed it out
to a cluster of identical machines, with one machine as the maui
scheduling server, and this all works fine. Then I did the same with a
FreeBSD 7.1 system, and this worked fine with one FreeBSD machine as the
scheduling server and another as the client.

Now I want to use the FreeBSD server as the maui scheduling server for the
Red Hat machines as well but I get the 'ALERT:  checksum does not match'
if I run any maui command on the Red Hat systems. I need to build a new
maui-3.3 anyway as David Chin on this list has already pointed problems
with maui-3.2.6p21 on 64-bit machines - should I just include a configure
option something like this when I come to build the new Linux & FreeBSD
maui packages:

 	--with-key=6582230479223678544

with the integer string the same for both operating systems? And what is
the maximum or minimum length for this integer?

Thanks in advance,

Andy