[Mauiusers] Regarding SIMJOBSUBMISSIONPOLICY in maui

Jim Prewett download at hpc.unm.edu
Thu Jul 29 11:18:28 MDT 2010

Hi Vikas,

Try setting 'SIMTIMEPOLICY' to 'REAL'.

When I'm doing simulations, I generally use the following settings:

SERVERMODE            SIMULATION
SIMRESOURCETRACEFILE  traces/tracefile # this should be your resource
                                       # trace file
SIMWORKLOADTRACEFILE  traces/jobfile   # this should be your workload
                                       # trace file
SIMTIMEPOLICY         REAL             # use the times from the workload
                                       # trace file
SIMFLAGS              IGNHOSTLIST      # ignore the hostlist from the
                                       # workload trace file

FWIW, I can't find documentation for the SIMTIMEPOLICY setting *anywhere*
(I found it by reading the source code!), but I've found it seems to do
the trick.  I also found (some time ago) mentions to some library that
could be used to enable this, but couldn't find that library!  However, I
don't think its actually needed provided you set the SIMTIMEPOLICY to
REAL.

HTH,
Jim
P.S. I'm not /entirely/ certain that this works correctly!
P.P.S. Assuming I *am* correct here, does anyone in control of the
documentation want to add this to the Maui docs?

James E. Prewett                    Jim at Prewett.org download at hpc.unm.edu
Systems Team Leader           LoGS: http://www.hpc.unm.edu/~download/LoGS/
Designated Security Officer         OpenPGP key: pub 1024D/31816D93
HPC Systems Engineer III   UNM HPC  505.277.8210