[Mauiusers] fairshare in maui

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Tue Jul 20 21:21:15 MDT 2010

Hi Jan,

The short answer is 'no'. The fairshare in maui is not hierarchical.  As Gabe notes, you can use 'accounts' to correspond to projects or experiments, but it's still a flat rather than hierarchical share.  I guess you could readily take a logical hierarchical set of shares and convert them to a flat set for the 'leaves' but you would not get the same sort of fairshare between peer nodes in the hierarchy that you would with a 'proper' hierarchical fairshare model.

-- Gareth