[Mauiusers] soft and hard limits question

Chris Hunter chris.hunter at yale.edu
Thu Jul 1 09:42:09 MDT 2010

We are also experimenting with hard/soft limits. Some suggestions:
- most of you cluster nodes are busy so jobs might be memory-bound & not
processor-bound; try MAXPE instead of MAXPROC
- try using hard/soft limits for USERCFG instead of GROUPCFG (ie. create
a testuser)
- can you paste the output of "diagnose -g" & "diagnose -u" ?

Good Luck!

Chris Hunter
Yale HPC
chris.hunter at yale.edu