[Mauiusers] node prioritization based on node features

Ramon Bastiaans ramon.bastiaans at sara.nl
Fri Jan 29 04:07:36 MST 2010

You could also specifiy a lower node priority to nodes with more memory
using a priority function, but there are multiple solutions possible I
think.

  *
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/mwm/docs/12.2nodeattributes.shtml#priorityf

For example;

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  PRIORITY
NODECFG[DEFAULT]      PRIORITYF='-CMEM'

Or something similar. This will assign a lower node allocation priority
for nodes with more memory.

Nodes with 48 GB will then have a priority of -48 and the 12 GB nodes
will get priority -12, giving the latter nodes a higher priority.

Kind regards,
- Ramon.