[Mauiusers] showq truncating output

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Tue Feb 23 01:23:31 MST 2010

Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anyway to get showq to not truncate output?
>
> showq
> .
> .
> NOTE: output truncated

The message means that that some buffer in Maui got full, and you need
to increase the buffer size.  Look in the Maui log for lines like
"ALERT: buffer overflow in SomeFunctionName" to find in which function
the error occured (it is probably in the file src/server/UserI.c) and
see what buffer that function uses.  We got this once, and I believe in
our case it was the MAX_SBUFFER (defined in include/msched-common.h)
that had to be increased.

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,
Research Computing Services, University of Oslo