[Mauiusers] kill all active/running jobs

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 08:14:25 MST 2010

Hi,

Actually what we thought of trying to do is to use a "negative"
reservation to block jobs from being able to start during certain
periods when users of the machines will be at the console using the
systems interactively. For example, if we want certain machines in a
queue to be available from 7PM - 7:59AM, could we make a reservation
from 8AM - 6:59PM which no one is allowed to use? This way if someone
submits a 1 hour job at 7:50AM hopefully it won't ever start until the
next 7PM - 7:59AM period and we won't have to use qstart/qstop in cron
and qselect/qdel to delete jobs that are still running.

Thanks,
Sabuj