[Mauiusers] Problem with offline markt nodes

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Feb 18 18:45:37 MST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:35:34AM +0100, Simon Kiertscher alleged:

> Hello.
>
> i'm using torque 2.4.3 and maui 3.2.6p21 and i have a problem. I have a
> cluster of 5 computing nodes, i mark them all as offline with pbsnode
> - -o, then i submit a job who uses 1 of these nodes, its now in the queue
> (of course) now i set one node as free again with pbsnode -c but the job
> doesn't run although ther is now a free node, if i submit now the same
> job again he will normale be schedulet to the free node.
> What can i do that the job will recognize that ther is a free node again.
> Thanks for answering.

What's your server scheduler_iteration in qmgr?

pbs_server will trigger a scheduler cycle on certain events like job submit and
at the specified iteration.

Maui also triggers scheduler cycles using RMPOLLINTERVAL.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!