[Mauiusers] changing queuing (e.g. MAXIPROCS) parameters safely

Jeff Anderson-Lee jonah at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 14 13:48:46 MST 2010

I have a Maui scheduler running and some users with executing jobs, but
the configuration parameters are not quite right and users are not able
to queue idle jobs.  Can I change the scheduling parameters to add the
following without disturbing the currently executing jobs:

USERCFG[DEFAULT]        MAXIPROC=2048 MAXIJOB=128 MAXINODE=128

If I change maui.cfg and then run "schedctl -s ; sleep 5 ; schedctl -r"
would that so the trick?

Thanks.

Jeff Anderson-Lee