[Mauiusers] enforcing usage of fairshares and mapping unix groups to fairshares

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:44:48 MST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to map unix groups to fairshare accounts and enforce the
usage of these fairshare accounts by users who are in those unix
groups. For example, we have something like this in maui.cfg:

####
ENFORCEACCOUNTACCESS TRUE

ACCOUNTCFG[group1_acct]	FSTARGET=32
	GROUPCFG[group1]	ADEF=group1_acct ALIST=group1_acct

ACCOUNTCFG[group2_acct]	FSTARGET=24
	GROUPCFG[group2]	ADEF=group2_acct ALIST=group2_acct
        GROUPCFG[DEFAULT] ADEF=group1_acct ALIST=group1_acct
####

If my primary group is "group1" and I submit a job it uses the
"group1_acct" fairshare, or if my primary group is neither "group1"
nor "group2", then it also uses the "group1_acct", which shows that
ADEF is working. However, I can also do "qsub -A group2_acct job.pbs"
and the scheduler will run that job using the "group2_acct" fairshare,
even if I am not a member of "group2" (as my primary or secondary
group). This shows that ENFORCEACCOUNTACCESS and ALIST aren't doing
anything.

Is there a way to set permissions so that groups can only run jobs
using a given list of fairshare accounts?

Thanks,
Sabuj Pattanayek