[Mauiusers] confused about standing reservations

Steve Johnson steve at isc.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:37:27 MST 2010

I've used SR's with decent success for blocking out access during lab times.

Example:
SRCFG[bloc122mw] GROUPLIST=root
SRCFG[bloc122mw] STARTTIME=07:30:00
SRCFG[bloc122mw] ENDTIME=17:00:00
SRCFG[bloc122mw] DAYS=MON,WED
SRCFG[bloc122mw] HOSTLIST=bloc122-[00-32]

I also do pbsnodes -o via cron to mark the nodes offline so that Globus MDS
reports the correct number of available nodes.  It also provides a second
layer of protection against a job starting when it's not suppose to.

It's a different story when using SR's in place of partitions.  I just
couldn't get it to behave as desired in terms of keeping jobs from particular
classes separated, so I went back to partitions.

// Steve