[Mauiusers] GRES on maui-3.3

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Wed Dec 22 10:53:55 MST 2010

    We¹re having some problems getting GRES to work on maui-3.3. We¹ve added
a GRES attribute to a node:
NODECFG[bhgpu01]        GRES=gpu:2

Checknod bhgpu01
checking node bhgpu01

State:      Idle  (in current state for 00:07:20)
Configured Resources: PROCS: 12  MEM: 23G  SWAP: 23G  DISK: 1M  gpu: 2

Upon job submission, we aren¹t being placed on the proper node that is the
ONLY ONE that has this consumable resource. We¹ve tried:
Qsub ­W x=GRES:gpu
Qsub ­l software=gpu

Even if we run a showconfig, we do not see any mention of a GRES attribute.
Is something broken between GRES and Maui, or is this an administrative
error somewhere? It seems Maui is completely ignoring GRES in general...

Steve Crusan
System Administrator
Center for Research Computing
University of Rochester