[Mauiusers] more jobs than number of cores

Burkhard Bunk bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 14 06:10:02 MST 2010

Hi,

did you set in maui.cfg:

 	JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTNODE

and specified the right np=.. in server_priv/nodes?

If you still need a fix (instead of a wrapper), you may try setting

 	resources_default.nodes = 1:ppn=1

in the torque configuration (with "qmgr"). This works for me on a
per-queue basis, but could even be set as a server-wide default (not
tested).

Regards,
Burkhard Bunk.
  bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de      Physics Institute, Humboldt University
  fax:    ++49-30 2093 7628     Newtonstr. 15
  phone:  ++49-30 2093 7980     12489 Berlin, Germany