[Mauiusers] priority/reservation setting for jobs

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Wed Dec 8 16:33:58 MST 2010

Hi Abhi,

We don't quite do what you want but this setup may be OK for you.

Create a standing reservation on the nodes that allows either jobs from group 'X' _or_ jobs under a particular walltime limit.  That way the nodes can free up for group X within the given walltime.  Tune that walltime limit to be acceptable to your community.

Adding priority is a bit trickier.  You might not want group 'X' to have a global higher priority (though that would be an option).  You could add a queue 'Y' with an acl such that it is only accessible by group 'X' and have a priority on the queue (that is the class in maui).  If you want to make the class only use the reserved nodes you would need additional settings.

-- Gareth