[Mauiusers] priority/reservation setting for jobs

Abhishek Gupta abhig at princeton.edu
Tue Dec 7 15:29:34 MST 2010

Hi,
I need some help to make the maui configuration work something like this:
We have few nodes that we want to reserve for a group say 'X'. Now when
no user from group 'X' has made a request to run their jobs, any user
can run their jobs on the reserved nodes, but as soon as any user from
group 'X' submits a job, no other job in the queue should go to the
reserved nodes and as soon as resources requested are free on the node,
the job from the user from group 'X' start running on the reserved nodes.
Cold someone has any idea what need to be done in the configuration file
to get this? In case this configuration is not possible, can it be done
manually so that on a request, we could reserve some nodes?
Thanks,
Abhi.