[Mauiusers] maui 3.2.6p21: SYSTEMMAXJOBWALLTIME & SYSTEMMAXPROCPERJOB not working ?

Chris Hunter chris.hunter at yale.edu
Thu Apr 8 14:50:01 MDT 2010

We are testing torque-2.37 & maui-3.2.6p21.

We are trying to set per-job throttling. I have been experimenting with
the SYSTEMMAXJOBWALLTIME and SYSTEMMAXPROCPERJOB settings listed in
Appendix F of the maui admin manual.

We find these settings have no affect. They are not listed using
"showconfig" of "schedctl -l" If I edit them in the maui.cfg file and
restart maui or use the "changeparam" command the have no affect on
scheduling.

Are these settings active in the default maui configuration. Is there
some POLICY setting we need to enforce these limits ?

Thanks,

Chris Hunter
chris.hunter at yale.edu