[Mauiusers] Large clusters with Maui

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Wed Sep 30 08:50:42 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 10:29 +0300, Wickliffe, Blake W wrote:

> I am interested in knowing if anyone on this list is successfully
> using Maui on a cluster with 3000+ nodes.  Even better would be
> knowing if you are using it on 64-bit Linux with 3000+ nodes.

With the default build parameters, Maui appears to support up to 5120
nodes in a cluster, with up to 1024 nodes per job.  However, most folks
I know with clusters that big use Moab instead of Maui, as the former is
quite a bit more featureful than the latter.

	--Troy
--
Troy Baer, HPC System Administrator
National Institute for Computational Sciences, University of Tennessee