[Mauiusers] Minimum time before and after requeue?

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Tue Sep 8 10:10:21 MDT 2009

We run Maui (3.2.6p21) on top of SLURM (2.0.2-pre1) with a patch to the
Wiki-interface that enables requeueing of jobs.

In some cases, Maui

 a) schedules a job it has requeued in the same iteration, or
 b) requeues a job it has scheduled in the same iteration.

This creates problems.  Situation a) is not critical, but situation b)
can lead to jobs getting killed.

We are trying to find a way to solve this problem, both from the Maui
side and the SLURM side.

For the Maui side, is it possible to get Maui to not requeue a running
job until it has run for a minimum of time?  (And conversely, though
less critical, not to start a job right after it has been requeued.)

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,