[Mauiusers] qalter question

Dr. Henrik Schulz h.schulz at fzd.de
Thu Oct 15 02:52:58 MDT 2009

Dear Simon,

thanks for Your fast response! Your answer is exactly what I have
already supposed.

Ok, this is only a minor problem. The situation is the following: a
user submits a couple of jobs, lets say 100. He sets the requested
walltime to a value of maybe 100 hours, which is normally enough for
the simulations. The user always checks the progress of his
simulations and sometimes, depending on the data, some of the jobs
will not finish within 100 hours, but maybe in 105 or 110. Then he has
to contact the administrator (me) who can increase the walltime to any
value.

Ok, the user could always request more walltime when submitting the
jobs. But maybe it would be a good idea to have a variable, maybe then
called "QALTER_USER_INCREASE", where the admin can allow the users to
increase the requested resources by a defined percentage.

But this is only an idea and not really a requirement.

Henrik