[Mauiusers] qalter question

Simon Hammond simon.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:28:48 MDT 2009

Hi Henrik,

It doesn't really make sense to allow users to alter the walltime when
the job is running because otherwise users will be able to request
small jobs which backfill and then completely disrupt the fairness of
the scheduling process. Taking a punt I think there would be very few
system-administrators who would want to enable this.

Can you explain more about what you are trying to do?

Simon Hammond

High Performance Systems Laboratory
University of Warwick, UK