[Mauiusers] FS percent of total

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:29:30 MST 2009

Hi all:

I''ve got a cluster running maui+torque, and I'm using the fairshare
to ensure groups get the percentage of time proportional to their
capital contribution to the cluster itself.

Recently, the cluster has had a lot of idle time, and the result was a
single group was often the only user for several fairshare timeslots,
but still only using 5% of the total cluster (95% of the cluster was
idle).  The maui fair share seems to calculate usage percentages
against the total amount of resources consumed, not the total
available.  This results in unfair penalization for some users who
used small portions of the cluster for a long while, but another user
suddenly spikes their usage (takes the entire cluster).  Is there a
way to change the fairshare usage ration to be against the total
online resources rather than the total consumed resources?

Thanks!
--Jim