[Mauiusers] Guaranteed nodes for a queue that can be used when free nodes are available.

Ling C. Ho ling at fnal.gov
Mon May 18 10:49:20 MDT 2009

I am looking for a pbs or maui configuration to do this.

Is it possible to have a set of nodes guaranteed to be used for a queue (Let's make it Queue A), and
yet when some of these nodes are free, be used by another queue (Queue B)?

When some of these nodes are running jobs from Queue B, and new jobs start coming in for Queue A, I
want to be able to kill (automatically) those Queue B jobs that are running on these particular set
of nodes. So that  there is always enough slots to run Queue A's jobs until all the slots on these
nodes are used up.

Thanks,
ling