[Mauiusers] problems with many job submissions

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Thu May 14 12:11:21 MDT 2009

Thanks Roy,
	Actually, I'm doing something similar...  max_queuable = 120 for the
execution queue and everyone gets a MAXIJOB of 4. Like you mention I'd
rather not worry about small jobs either and traditionally we've had
jobs that run for hours or weeks and works perfectly. Just this one
user (who refuses to look at MPI since they've been told it's too hard
to learn) seems to come up with strange ways of running their
homegrown code. We're using mysql for a db server. I expect that
anything I can tweak would be here, similar to what you point out for
postgres. Any pointers people have for mysql databases and gold? I
hope at the least I will be able to talk them into running multiple
commands within one job so to save on the overhead of starting/
stopping the job on a node. Thanks again for the advice.

-Steve