[Mauiusers] hard and soft limits; job not picked up although hardlimit is still not violated

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:46:27 MDT 2009

I have userjobs that won't get picked up.

 checkjob says:
job cannot run in partition DEFAULT.  (job 5696 violates active SOFT
MAXJOB limit of 5 for class challenge user (R: 1, U: 8))

But the cluster has only 147 of  192 Processors Active so I am not
sure why the soft limit is still being honored?

My maui.cfg does specify a larger hard limit:

CLASSCFG[challenge] MAXJOB[USER]=5,25

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

--
Rahul