[Mauiusers] restricting interactive job submits

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Thu Mar 19 18:53:49 MDT 2009

-snip-
> I would like to restrict users from interactively logging on to compute
> nodes. How do I set this so that users cannot run this command:
>
> qsub -I -l nodes=20:ppn=4

Hi Emmanuel,

I've seen this discussed before on torqueusers (I think) - which is probably a more appropriate forum.  I believe there is no sure way of doing what you want.  You could use the torque qsub submit_filter to reject such jobs but this would be readily subverted.  I guess you could even totally disable
'-I' one way or another but you are probably kidding yourself that it is really solving any problem.

Perhaps you need to monitor and educate.  Ultimately you may need to lock out recalcitrant users.

Cheers,

Gareth